Christopher House is proud to maintain strong partnerships with public and community agencies throughout Chicago. Our partners provide programs and services that enhance child, adult and family learning and meet family needs:
- Alternatives, Inc. provides substance abuse counseling for referred Christopher House families.
- Altgeld Sawyer Corner Farm (above) offers an outdoor classroom for students and teachers at our Logan Square Family Resource Center, where classrooms conduct research projects and families are encouraged to tend and water the garden. Some of the farm's harvest is donated to our Logan Square food pantry.
- Apna Ghar provides culturally appropriate, multilingual services to survivors of domestic abuse.
- Back Office Coooperative helps us leverage scale and best practices to drive down back office costs. The savings they create enables us to have an increased impact in the community.
- Big City Mountaineers works with our Youth Leadership program to provide opportunities for our youth to go on overnight camping and outdoor adventure trips.
- Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) works with us to integrate the arts into our early childhood and School Age curricula.
- Chicago Cares helps us to organize monthly service opportunities for our Youth Leadership participants.
- Chicago Children's Museum offers professional development for Christopher House teachers and parents, offsite learning opportunities through field trips and discounted memberships for our families.
- Chicago Public Library, including Bezazian, Logan Square, Rogers Park and Lincoln Park libraries, provides resources and library card registration for children, families and staff; and attends family literacy events.
- Chicago Park District provides programming space and activities at Avondale Park for our Youth Leadership program, as well as park and pool access for all of our sites.
- Child and Family Connections (11) provides early intervention services for children with disabilities.
- City Colleges of Chicago recognizes we provide off-site Adult Education classes (English-as-a-Second Language and GED preparation) at Christopher House.
- Danz Theater partners with the Youth Leadership program to provide an artistic outlet for student expression in fine arts, drama and dance.
- East Village Youth Program offers Youth Leadership students opportunities for social and academic enrichment and activities to prepare them for success in college and beyond.
- Girls in the Game provides activities for girls in our Logan Square School Age program that build positive self-identity and self-esteem through physical fitness and nutrition.
- Heartland International Pediatric Clinics manages the health clinic at our Uptown Family Resource Center and help us match families who need a new medical home.
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights provides trainings and events for our immigrant and refugee families.
- Museum of Science and Industry offers activities for early childhood and School Age students, professional development for teachers and field trips.
- National Runaway Switchboard provides our Youth Leadership students with awareness about the issues facing runaway and homeless youth, sources of support and opportunities for community service.
- Trilogy Inc. connects adults to behavioral services.
Current public partners include:
We are always open to new partnership opportunities! Please e-mail us at infochristopherhouse.org if you are interested in partnering.