Christopher House is currently looking to hire a paid Family Assessment Intern who enjoys working with children and families, easily acquires new information and knowledge, and can juggle several activities at once.
With a mission to develop independent,creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent,creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning;and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
Position Objective: 20-25 hour/ week paid internship, providing optimal support and services to families and Family Support Services staff.
- Engage parents in completion of family assessment and in creating goals. Maintain and analyze data to increase/improve programming and track goal progress.
- Complete annual family assessments with families.
- Complete regular status updates.
- Create and track goals with participants.
- Complete Family to Family Holiday Program registration.
- Obtain and share significant family information in order to provide additional services and support (i.e. social work, mental health, budget, nutrition, etc).
- Maintain, compile, and analyze collected data in order to improve programming and better serve Christopher House’s families. Recommend action plans based on findings. Report findings to management/leadership. Propose meeting and workshop ideas.
- Work closely with Family Advocates and Associate Director, Social Services as to ensure services are appropriate to meet individual family goals. Work with families in a respectful, sensitive manner recognizing individual family preferences and cultural background.
- Attend workshops and trainings.
- Experience working in subsidized or publicly funded programs.
- Computer literate and knowledge of database programs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work some evening and weekends required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Education: High school diploma.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer