In Chicago, less than 8% of students from low-income families
graduate college by age 25.
At Christopher House, students find a path to overcoming these odds through a safe, supportive environment where they can explore their interests, get academic support, and plan for their futures.
Young people become goal-oriented, self-sufficient young leaders who succeed in post-secondary education and beyond. We guide students through the transition to high school and prepare them to persist through and excel in college.
- Academic tutoring and mentoring.
- College and career exploration through college visits and workshops.
- Summer employment and internships.
- Day, overnight, and week-long outdoor education and leadership excursions.
- Field trips to local arts and cultural institutions.
- Leadership development and service learning.
- Parent workshops on the college and financial aid application process.
With the help of Christopher House Youth Leadership, and his mentor Nancy, Juan is getting closer to his goal of going to the college of his choice!
- 100% of high school students graduated on time.
- 93% of students applied to three or more colleges.
To promote healthy home environments, facilitate each parent’s engagement in their child’s development, and foster long-term self-sufficiency, Christopher House helps ease the financial and emotional stress low-income families face through our Parent School. MORE >
For more information about enrolling your child in our Youth Leadership program, please call 1-855-318-8285 (se habla español) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information with the age and grade of your child.
For students in grades K – 6, we offer After-School: School Age.